Saturday, February 4, 2017

Reflection Post #1 [Revised]

Communication is when a person sends a message to a recipient and the recipient understands the message being put through and would be able to give feedback on the message. I feel that my strength in communication is having the ability to communicate to strangers and send a message to my recipient without them being confused. I usually give some simple explanation regarding the topic and maybe some gestures that allows them to clear any doubts. Additionally, I would also prefer having a verbal communication as it is much more intimate with the other party. In contrast to using written communication, I seldom feel that the way I pen out my thoughts would not be similar to what I have in mind.

The challenges faced when communicating others is when other people do not fully understand what I am trying to say. Some of them have different ways of interpreting my message. A way to reduce this confusion is to address the issue individually to the people who would still be unsure of the point I am trying to get through. For example, in a project that I recently had completed, I would brief my group mates of my idea of making a tank. Some of my group mates may have different ideas of how the tank is being made. This is where I would clarify with each of my group mates on how my vision of the process will be so everyone is on the same page. I feel that this step is important to prevent a misunderstanding during further stages of the process as some parts of the tank can only be constructed once.

For the 2 objectives, firstly, I hope that the class materials will help me to further improve my interpersonal communication skills. During the recent lesson, I learnt that different people have different personalities and each one of them have different ways to approach. I could try to apply different types of approaches for people based on the advice given by the website to do the personality test. Lastly, I also hope that I can be a better presenter as I would tend to mess up some ideas that I would have rehearsed before the presentation. With the upcoming presentation as the assignment, I would have an opportunity improve myself to be a more confident speaker.


No comments:

Post a Comment